Configure Solicit-Response implementation

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Dec 5, 2007 at 12:52 AM
Hi All,
Great tool. I'm attempting to implement the adaptor, an am having a time. My goal is to send an HL7 transaction to a IP:Port, and receive an Ack from the port.

I've tried to implement using the 3 samples in the documentation, but still no luck.

I completed the 3 samples using the test utilities, and they work. Not receiving any errors.

I'm trying to:
1. Send message (Sychronous : Send-Response)
2. Receive Ack
3. Write Ack to File: The question here is what promoted property do I filter on to capture the Ack?

I setup a Static Solicit-Response port, and configred by adding target IP Address and Port
Set Socket Receive Timeout to 10 Seconds
Set the Message Start and End Delimiters

When I drop a file to be sent the Send Port Service remains in an Active - In Progress state what appears to be indefinite...I terminate the instance after about 15 minutes.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2008 at 8:23 PM
Do you see the message get sent to the endpoint ?
are there any event log entries ?
Can you switch on verbose in the BTSNTSvc.exe.config file and attach the trace output

thx
Jan 23, 2009 at 10:19 PM
Hi All,

I am going through the same problem, i.e. 

When I drop a file to be sent the Send Port Service remains in an Active - In Progress state what appears to be indefinite...I have to terminate the instance.

can anyone help..?

Thanks.
Jul 12, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Hi,

I had the same problem.
and the solution is -

In the Static One-way Send Port (if you don't have create one as File send) >> In the Filters assign

BTS.SPID == <Name of Static Solicit-Response port>

The problem as been resolved for me. Hopefully for your too.

fun configuring.. :)