Receive Location enabled but isn't listening

Topics: User Forum
May 17, 2010 at 10:03 AM
Edited May 17, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Hello, I am a beginner here and would like to ask a novice question.

I downloaded the adapter and currently following the "Using the Adapter with the Test Harnesses" (One Way Submit) from the given documentation.

I already created a one-way receive location and it automatically set the receive location to "tcp://localhost:1969".

I enabled it, started the biztalk application then tried to connect from the sample client application, but the message said:

"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it".

I disabled firewall but the problem still exists.

I came to conclusion that the port isn't listening so I checked netstat.exe and the port 1969 isn't registered there. I tried to change the port number but none worked.

I searched google and the discussions here but I seem to stuck at the dead end.

Can someone experienced enlighten me?

Thanks in advance.

May 23, 2010 at 9:03 AM

hi, check the host instance related to the receive port, i guess its stopped,

also check for errors on eventviewer.

hope that helps

Mazin - MCTS BizTalk Server 2006

May 27, 2010 at 1:56 AM

Thanks for the reply. I already start the host and it's running.

Here's the only error on eventviewer:

The Messaging Engine failed to create the receive adapter "TCP".  InboundAssemblyPath: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Samples\BizTalk Server 2009 TCP Adapter\Microsoft.Samples.BizTalk.Adapter.Tcp.dll"  InboundTypeName: "Microsoft.Samples.BizTalk.Adapter.Tcp.Receive.ReceiveAdapter"   Exception Details: "The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Samples.BizTalk.Adapter.Tcp.Receive.ReceiveAdapter' threw an exception."

I'm running Biztalk 2009 on Windows XP SP 3.

Any idea about that error? Thanks!

May 27, 2010 at 4:13 PM

have you updates the btsnsvc.exe.config file according to the documentation for TCP adapter?

because i guess that is the problem, the configuration of TCP adapter should be added to the config file of biztalk

Mazin - MCTS BizTalk Server 2006

Jun 3, 2010 at 6:24 AM

That works!

Thank you very much Sir Mazin!!