Out of memory exception errors may occur in the BizTalk Server process on Windows Server 2008

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Aug 17, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Hello,

i got a bad problem :(

I use the TwoWay TCP connection and it works fine. But after some hours i got an "Out of memory exception" error in the BizTalk Server Host Instance for TCP process on Windows Server 2008.

On my testsystem i use only the TCP-Adapter and two passthrough pipelines (one receive and one send pipeline).

At the start of die host instance it uses 35 MB and after some hours, it uses ~1400 MB and i get the "Out of memory exception".  Does anybody else have this problem?

I dont know if it is an adapter problem or a general BizTalk problem - in google i found some entries about a BizTalk problem but all the solutions did not work.

So my question: Does anybody have the same problem?

Thanks for your help!

Dennis

Sep 7, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Hi there,

I have the same problem as Dennis. The memory grows until I run out of memory. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Oliver

Sep 8, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Hi Oliver,

have you read my post in the issue tracker?

http://btstcpip.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=24516

Is it exact the same problem? Together maybe we can find a solution?!

Thanks,
Dennis

Sep 9, 2009 at 6:51 AM

Hi Dennis,

yeah, I think we both have the same problem. It could be a bug in the carbage collector. However, I rather would think that it is a programming bug, either in the adapter or in BizTalk itself. I just don't know how to debug such a problem.

Cheers
Oliver

May 18, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Dennis, Oliver,

have you guys found any solution to this memory issue? We are experiencing similar behavior with two way communication.
I guess I could work through the code but that seems alot of work.

Regards,

Nathan

May 18, 2010 at 4:39 PM
Edited May 18, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Hi Nathan,

we fixed the memory problem in the adapter - but now the adapter crashes sometimes and we did not find the reason :(

We know the lines of code where you can select if the adapter should "sometimes" crash (without memory problem) or if you want to have a stable adapter.

After that, my first workaround was to use the adapter with memory problem and to restart the "Hostinstance" for the adapter after a spezified timespan. For restart, i used my own tool.

Now, i build my own tcp-server how talks on the one side TCP and on the other side he talks WCF with Biztalk and it works fine :)

Dennis

May 20, 2010 at 8:35 AM

Dennis,

I was thinking about that workaround too. But this could only be a temporary solution.
Anyway, I read the trace logs from the TCP adapter and found out where the memory exceptions are occurring, it is in the dispatcher.dispatchwork method.
Did you change any code there? Would you mind specifying a bit more detailed the code changes you made?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nathan

May 20, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Hi Nathan,

we found out (with .Net Memory Profiler) that on runtime there are more and more "batch" handles/threads . We build our own dispose solution and it works (but not stable)

Now, i have send you an email.

Cheers,
Dennis

May 20, 2010 at 11:47 AM

Dennis,

I just found out the same thing as you were posting this, also with .Net memory profiler. :) Great tool for finding "leaks".
I should find a way to dispose of those batches after they are no longer needed. But offcourse it needs to be stable :)
How come your solution is not stable?

Regards,

Nathan

Mar 22, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Hi Dennis\Nathan

Thank you for sharing your problem.

Did you guys get any success on this?. We are facing the same issues  Please let us know if you have any solution to the out of memory problem .

If yes, kindly share the updated code.

Regards

Sandeep chugh

Dec 23, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Dears,

I am also observing the same behvaior in one of your projects. Could you please share the fix with us.

Thanks,

Faisal